Sunday, September 23, 2012

How to Crowd Worry Out of Your Mind

This week's principle doesn't qualify as "earth shattering."  It's common sense really -- but common sense that I practice far too little!  It's as simple this... stay busy to keep your worries away.   To quote Dale Carnegie, "it is utterly impossible for any human mind, no matter how brilliant, to think of more than one thing at any given time." Crowd worry out of your mind!

September is my busiest month at Lutz & Company because we are in the thick of on-campus recruiting season.  At the beginning of the week, I reviewed 125 resumes along with helping to conduct a new hire orientation and preparing for another orientation next week.  Then, I hopped on a plane for a conference in Dallas on Wednesday-Friday.  Needless to say, there wasn't much time to worry about the "before baby" to-do list or Alan's tenure process or anything else this week!

A quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson recently caught my attention: "Life consists in what a man is thinking of all day."  So true! I want my life to consist of productive work and spirited play -- not stress and worries.  How about you?  Together, let's keep busy this week and crowd the worry out of our minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment